Payday loans online are available from direct lenders that can be funded in 24 hours.
Get approved in minutes after you apply online. Online payday loans from direct lenders can provide quick cash for anyone that may have difficulty qualifying for a bank loan.
Payday loans online are small-dollar loans designed to bridge a cash gap between paydays. The application process is quick and simple. In most cases you are approved instantly.
Amount you can borrow from payday loans online
Each state has its own laws that determine how much you can borrow and on what terms. Depending upon your state of residence, additional documentation may be required such as a social security card or state issued photo identification.
In California the maximum loan amount a consumer can borrow is $300. The maximum fee a payday lender can charge is 15% of the face amount of the check (up to a maximum of $45).
3 Direct Lenders that offer Payday Loans Online
Complete the online loan application, get approved and get cash deposited in your bank account or on your debit card as soon as tomorrow. These direct payday loan lenders are licensed by the state of California. Stay away from unlicensed payday lenders online, they might sell your personal financial information or engage in identity theft.
1. Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash is a direct lender based in Cleveland, TN and founded in 1993. Check Into Cash provides customers with short-term, small dollar credit solutions. Check Into Cash offers payday loans online in addition to having 1,100 stores in 30 states. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents can apply for a loan.
Check Into Cash Payday Loan Details:
- Applicants with a credit score of at least 300 can apply for a loan.
- Loan amounts up to $300.
- A minimum monthly income of $1,000 is required to qualify.
- Unemployed borrowers that have an annual income of $12,000 or higher can also apply.
- Approvals are typically provided in less than an hour.
MoneyKey is a direct lender based in Wilmington, DE and founded in 2011. MoneyKey helps borrowers with below-average credit scores get an online payday loans. MoneyKey makes it easy for you to get a payday loan quickly with a simple application process, allowing you fast access to money when you need it most.
MoneyKey Payday Loan Details:
- A simple online loan application process.
- Loan amounts up to $300.
- Quick loan approval.
- Your funds the next business day.
LendUp is a direct lender based in San Francisco, CA and founded in 2011. LendUp provides customers with short-term, small dollar loans that can help build credit. Applying takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and you can find out if you’re approved instantly after submitting your application.
LendUp Payday Loan Details:
- Good credit not required. LendUp approves people with poor credit.
- Loan amounts up to $250.
- Checking account with ACH, proof of income, Social Security number, ages 18+.
- LendUp offers free credit education courses through its website.
- LendUp Loans will also consider borrowers who are unemployed.
Borrowers must have an active checking account to apply for a loan.
Alternative to Payday Loans Online
Payday loans online can offer a fast solution to the need for quick extra cash. It’s a good choice for many borrowers. But it’s not the only option.
An online personal loan may be a better option than a payday loan. Personal loans may cost you less money in the long run. If you have imperfect credit online loans for bad credit are also available.
Even if you need quick cash, online direct personal loan lenders can process your application quickly and even get you the money you need by the next business day, much like payday loans online.
The biggest difference in online personal loans and payday loans is that you’ll have to go through a credit check to qualify. But, you can check your rate without any impact to your credit score in most instances.
Here are a few benefits of online personal loans:
- Personal loans come with the option of longer repayment terms. You can pay your personal loan off over a few years instead of a few months.
- Monthly payments are more manageable.
- Fewer fees involved with loans.
- You can borrow more money than with payday loans.
OppLoans is a direct lender based in Chicago, IL and founded in 2009. OppLoans provides customers with online loans for bad credit that can help improve credit. Applying takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and you can find out if you’re approved instantly after submitting your application.
- Good credit not required. Minimum credit score required is 300.
- Loan amounts up to $4,000.
- Checking account and direct deposit required.
- 99%–199%, varies by state.
- Repayment terms range from 9 to 36 months.
- OppLoans charges a loan origination fee of 0% to 3% of the loan amount.
- OppLoans does not charge prepayment fees. This means you will not have to pay additional fees if you decide to pay the loan off early.
- Get funds fast. Applications that are approved before 7:30 p.m. EST can be funded as soon as the next business day.
Safe practices when applying for payday loans online
- Protecting your financial information and identity is always top priority. The lenders mentioned on this site are all direct, licensed lenders and you can verify licensing information for yourself.
- Read all of your loan agreement. Pay attention to the APR and any additional fees that you’re being charged.
- Compare offers from multiple lenders to find the loan that works best for you.
Finally, work on getting a high-yield savings account for emergencies. If you are one of the six in ten Americans who has less than $500 in savings, then you need a plan for dealing with unforeseen expenses.